Long journeys can take a toll on your body and mind. So, you have to prepare as much as you can to ensure a relaxing trip and avoid problems. According to Matthew Davies Stockton, you can make your journey on a long flight much better by bringing along a few things with you onboard. Here are a few essentials you can bring along on board an international flight:
- Sanitizing wipes or liquid – Seatbelts and seat-back trays are among the dirtiest places on an airplane and these are things that people touch the most. To make sure you don’t contract any germs and catch diseases, it is crucial to wipe your hands with a sanitizer or sanitizing wipes with every contact. This is especially important if you are prone to infection or traveling with somebody who has a weak immune system.
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones – Airplanes can be too loud for your taste and prevent you from having a nice time. Fortunately, you can bring along a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to block external noises and relax by listening to your favorite tracks. Just make sure you instruct somebody to notify you during important announcements or a situation that requires your attention if you close your eyes.
- A portable power bank – A fully charged portable power bank can act as a savior when your smartphone or other electronic gadgets that support USB charging run out of juice. With a power bank, you can browse the net, play your favorite games, and watch your favorite movies without any issues or concerns.
- Jet Lag Relief Pills – Jet lags almost everybody during long international flights. It’s not a pleasant experience and you can avoid it by packing a few jet lag relief pills with you during your flight. Your best bet is to consume these homeopathic pills before you begin your journey to counteract the dizziness, drowsiness, and nausea before you start experiencing the symptoms.
- Natural Motion Sickness Patch – If you suffer from motion sickness, a long journey can turn into a hellish ride. If you don’t have any medication for your condition or don’t want to visit a doctor for it, you can purchase a natural sickness patch to get rid of any nausea or dizziness. These work great for most people and leave you with a positive experience.
- Travel pillow – Long international trips disrupt our natural circadian rhythm which makes it harder to fall asleep. This can become a problem as sleep is very important to stay energized and healthy. A good quality travel pillow along with a natural sleep aid can allow you to sleep during the journey so that you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready to explore your destination.
- Eye Mask – If you cannot sleep without absolute darkness, you may not be able to sleep on an airplane even with a sleep aid and travel pillow. To complement those, you can bring along a sleeping mask or an eye mask with you to improve your chances of falling asleep.
Matthew Davies Stockton suggests you bring some electrolytes and medication with you to counteract any sickness or exhaustion during the journey. Also, be sure to stay hydrated during your flight.